WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

Dealing with questions 3

Here are some ways of dealing with questions when you are the SPEAKER:
When you don't want to answer:
  • To be honest, I'm not really the person to ask about that.
When someone interrupts you:
  • Sorry, could I just finish?
When you finally understand what they want to know:
  • Oh I see. So what you are asking is …
When you realise they don't understand what you said:
  • Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. What I was trying to say was …
If you don't want to tell everyone:
  • Perhaps we can talk about it when I have finished.
To close off the presentation:
  • If there are no more questions, we should stop there.

Here are some ways of getting an answer when you are the QUESTIONER:
When the answer doesn't give you the information you want:
  • Yes, that may be so, but what I want to know is …
When the answer is evasive:
  • Yes, but you still haven't answered my question.
If you are sceptical and want more detail:
  • Well, I'm not so sure. Can you give us an example to illustrate that?
If you don't agree:
  • That may be so, but I still think ...









0 comments:

Post a Comment

myteachingcorner welcomes any comments, suggestions, feedback or criticisms for the betterment of this blog.