WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

Dealing with questions 1

At the end of your talk, you may get questions. You don't have to answer all the questions - they may not be good questions!
  • If it is a good question, thank the person and answer it.
  • Some of the questions may be irrelevant and not connected to what you want to say. Say so and get another question.
  • Some may be unnecessary because you have already given the answer. Repeat the answer briefly and get the next question.
  • And some may be difficult because you don't have the information. Again, say so and offer to find the information or ask the person asking the question what they think. 



    When you get a question, comment on it first. This will give you time to think. Here are some useful expressions to help you do that:
    • That's a very interesting question.
    • I'm glad you've asked that question.
    • A good question.
    • I'm sorry but I don't have that information to hand.
    • Can I get back to you about that?
    • I'm afraid I can't answer that.
    • I'm not in a position to comment on that.
    • As I said earlier, …
    • I think I answered that when I said …
    • I did mention that.
    • I don't see the connection.
    • I'm sorry, I don’t follow you.
    • I think that is a very different issue.








    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    myteachingcorner welcomes any comments, suggestions, feedback or criticisms for the betterment of this blog.